Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Discovery of a Gray Hair, Binny's Beverage Depot, Christmas Eve 1996

You'll come back to us. Nobody finds 
a job out of college. I've been here 
seven years 
sliding bottles over the scanner. 
I majored in Hospital Administration, but you know 
(I'm fat & my hair's oily & nobody wants me 
sucking on a cigarette in a hospital bathroom.) 
So, I found Binny's.  It's all good, except for
the holidays. You'll get your diploma
and come back to us, I can tell, I see 
a lot of me in you. Isn't that a gray hair?
I'll watch your register if you want to
pull it out. Hell, I'd do it, but you know 
I have Dorito dust on my fingers, plus 
I guess you're the type that wants to stand
at the bathroom mirror, damn fluorescent lights,
and get yourself 
all pissy and worked up about it. 
Relax. 

2 comments:

  1. binny's no longer carries Maraska cherry wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. suck for you i guess. maybe you can request it? they are friendly folk.

    ReplyDelete