Monday, March 30, 2009

Obama as Chia Pet?


Though we live in a consumer driven economy, can marketers at least take our president seriously? I am offended by this "Determined Pose" Obama Chia plant that I saw at Walgreen's, yet I can't explain why. Are you annoyed, too, or do I just need to take the rod out of my arse? No, not the governor, Rod, but speaking of him, he's probably more appropriate for Chia Pet mockery than Obama, though Rod's hair doesn't bode well for the Chia plant style, which brings me to my next thought: Has the chia machine taken on other American presidents, or was Obama chosen because he is African American?

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if Obama has a Chia pet Obama in the oval office? Am I offended? No. Am I amazed that we,Americans are still buying absolute crap in "this economy?" Yes, well, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chia Pet is a kitsch item, and nostalgic kitsch crap sells well in this economy as we scurry back to the womb. Let's get some shrinky dinks on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You liberals got your man elected and now no one can even make a stupid chia pet of your sacred Messiah. Grow up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said I was a liberal and frankly I put very little faith in ALL politicians including our dear Obama, there, I said it. Shoot me. The X-File's "Trust No One" might be a more fitting approach to our world today. Yet while I might not be a fan of politics, I do feel like politicians deserve some modicum of respect, and that includes not being turned into a Chia Pet!!!

    ReplyDelete