Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In a Galaxy Far, Far Away... I am Cooking Something

Was it only a week or so ago when J. and I wandered JoAnn Fabrics, and I selected the fabrics for this reversible apron? 

Per J. the nature/galaxy apron is completed & en route to Chicago. If I didn't know J. I'd be surprised by how quick it all happened.  

J. might think I am psychotic for remembering a line from a poem that she wrote in college, but if i recall correctly she was lamenting loneliness, or the heaviness of something or another as creative writing majors like to do, and there was this phrase:
"tremendous dinners." 

Tremendous dinners. Hmm...  I am looking forward to (attempting) a tremendous dinner that will live up to the galactic powers of this very special apron, made by a dear friend, to whom I offer tremendous thanks.   



2 comments:

  1. "...and now, I can’t stop
    looking at my feet, thinking
    of your plans,
    our tremendous dinners."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I hadn't imagined it! Love that poem, in fact all of your poetry is pretty sweet. Can you email it to my Hotmail?

    ReplyDelete