Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adventures in Cat-sitting






On a whim, my downstairs neighbors decided to get away, and flee to their ancestral suburban homes for a week, somewhere out east. Without going into much detail, they're both young, recent graduates, and a talented couple, talented in the way that doesn't make any money these days, writing, photography, design, blah, blah. Translation: Underemployed. One does freelance design, the other is a dog walker.

I keep my distance from them, and vice versa, which is the best for way neighbors to be, yet it's nice to know that if I need someone to watch Koji they are only a few steps away, and I am usually around to watch their cat, too.

Koji could be tearing out S's entrails right now, and I wouldn't know it. I'm upstairs, and enjoying the silence, well it's not actually silent, I'm listening to Cameron McGill. It's nice to not have a cat swiping at your fingers when you're trying to type, or laying in front of the computer screeen, and covering half of it.

I hope they are getting along. When I had taken the garbage out earlier, Koji had, as usual, followed me into the hallway. On the way back up I was going to look in on S. Koji, still in the hallway, followed me into my neighbor's apartment like he owned the place, in fact he even nudged in ahead of me, and got the party started.

Here are a few pics from the morning play session. I didn't take a shot of Koji trying to wolf down S's dry food, but he attempted to do that. After I shooed him away, he gave S. a "look," then wandered over to the windowsill.

3 comments:

  1. Um, I hope you told Koji to use protection...unless you want a litter, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, he's neutered. Though despite that he's been showing some unusual signs of the "spring fever" lately, so I'm off to get him ASAP. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All was fine. He was sprawled out on the floor, and she was perched on the counter watching him when i came by to get him.

    ReplyDelete