Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me



Old Town was full of green shirts, beads, tall foam hats, and people beginning their pub crawls at 1 p.m. when I went to class this afternoon. All the excitement seemed just as surreal as it was annoying. Now I'm back home drinking Blue Moon, eating an orange, and watching my cat lay in front of the computer screen. It's more fun than a pub crawl, and having friends, I swear.

On the walk home I saw, quite predictably, a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shirt. I made the mistake of making eye contact with the guy wearing it, and he returned my glance with a big, drunken smile.

Why am I such a curmudgeon? Hell, I like the music of the Dropkick Murphy's... Angela's Ashes was a great book... I'd walk 500 feet to rewind a Proclaimer's cassette tape.... Some of the best, and most talented salespeople I know are Irish.... Irish folklore is pretty cool, as are the feisty, freckled redheads I've known over the years.

Or, maybe I'm not just feeling it this year? Though, have I ever geeked out on St. Pat's Day?

I guess I feel like it's an excuse to get drunk early, and hit the streets. For single people SPD tends to be a hooking up sort of holiday. Kind of like a Mardi Gras in the streets of Chicago instead of in New Orleans.

What other things could a shirt say besides Kiss Me, I'm Irish?

Kiss Me I'm an ex frat boy wearing green today instead of my usual blue button down!
Kiss Me, I'm your next FWB
Kiss Me, I might kiss you back
Kiss Me, and My Beer Gut this Shirt is Straining Over
Kiss Me, I won't tell your husband
Kiss Me, I'm So Alone
Kiss Me, I Didn't Eat Any Hummus
Kiss Me, I just Want to See if this Lame T-Shirt Will Work
Kiss Me, or Just Text Message Me
Kiss Me, I'm a Woman in Her Sexual Prime

2 comments:

  1. Kiss me, I need a sugar daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be far too transparent. How about: Kiss Me, I need a Sponsor?

    ReplyDelete