Sunday, May 10, 2009

Thanks, Sophie






Sophie awoke from one of her many naps, which I'm told by her owner is normal for a 14-year old dog, a mere 98 in dog years, though I was concerned nonetheless. She wanted to go outside for a walk. Along the way I spotted a $20 bill lying in the grass.

Sophie sniffed the bill, and I pocketed it.

This random bill was a good thing, as my mother will have no excuse for feeling guilty today, on this special Hallmark blessed holiday wherein we will eat Chicago style deep dish pizza in honor of her mothering skillz. Despite the fact I have an income, albeit smaller than usual, my mother hates it when I spend money, especially on her, and is always trying to chip in.

Today, chipping in is not an option for any mother, and it wouldn't have been an option even if I hadn't of found this random $20, but this guilt-free $20 will put my mom at ease, and I'm thanking Sophie for indirectly finding it, as I'm not usually outside on an early Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment