Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's Been a Gorilla Glue Morning





With the holiday weekend approaching, and my brother, and his family headed into town, I'd love to finally put "humpty dumpty" back together again.

This table has been in a state of dysfunction since the move, and it still is, despite my half ass efforts this morning. I made coffee, turned on NPR, put on gloves, took a deep breath, dampened both sides, applied Gorilla Glue, clamped, and nothing. Well, not actually nothing, the top of the table slipped off, because none of the metric washer sizes I brought back from the hardware store fit on the leg's screws, so I am back to square one. And done for the day. At least with humpty. I swear I have some real work to do.

Here's a few shots, plus a photo of the wagon wheel wine cart drop leaf table (at bottom, left) in far better times, assembled, with wine in it.

Photobucket

Gorilla Glue and Cats (I'm going to keep a close eye on Koji): http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1677+1684&aid=3478

No comments:

Post a Comment