Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ambitious Individuals


Everybody knows someone whom is perpetually single because she keeps turning away potential suitors. This one is too weird, that one not weird enough, this one has bad teeth, that one too big, this one too skinny....

I can be ambitious, and I have a lot of energy, but once again a recruiter's words are falling flat. Clearly I am in some sort of career crisis, or perhaps finally saying just because I am capable of doing something (in this case, selling advertorials, which are whore-ish little articles all the rage these days) doesn't mean I *should* be doing it.

Granted, reading cards, writing a weekly newsletter, and leasing the occasional billboard doesn't pay all the bills, and I know when my government assistance ends I'll have to possibly go back to a cube, to something like what Misty Who Found Me on Monster is proposing... IF I am lucky enough to even get a job in this economy, though from my recent experiences cold calling commission centric sales jobs are pretty easy to find, and there's no shortage of companies looking for sales reps. It is an essential role, just not the most relaxing, and I can't do anything half-way.

It's freaking me out, though, the idea of calling people all day every day for five days a week to solicit their interest in being part of an article spotlight.

I can do it, but why? There's got to be a more meaningful way. Bueller? Bueller?



Good Afternoon-

I came across your resume on Monster.com
I am with XXX, publisher of business-to-business trade magazines.

We are currently looking for ambitious individuals for the role of Editorial Researcher within our sales department.

Editorial Researcher's contribute the main source of advertising for each of our publications and help determine the editorial content and focus of each magazine.
You will be speaking with high-ranking, high-level executives of organizations to gain their interest in a company article spotlight.
These articles open doors to advertising necessary for publishing the magazines and are rewarded with a high percentage commission.

We offer a base of 25K with uncapped commissions. First year average is a range of 35K-55K.


If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me at your convenience to discuss this further.


Sincerely,

Misty
Corporate Recruiter
XXXX
312-XXX-XXXX
mXXXXX
www.XXXX
www.XXXX-magazine.com


-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment