Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Respect the Nut Cup






The pouring rain had long since stopped, and the streets were quiet. Another Wednesday over, I breathed a bit more calmly on the walk home. Even the pavement seemed shiny with promise.

Reading tarot cards free to patrons of a cafe is not as creepy as driving an ice cream truck. The driver of the truck w/ an impressive collection of city stickers on its windshield was buying a six pack of beer, and writing down lottery numbers as I was in line behind him tonight at the bodega.

When I arrived home there was this quasi business card flyer for "West Side Tansporter (sp) Ace Cab Service" rubber banded to the outside door knob.

Are we slowly becoming a nation of independents, chasing our own bread crumbs?

Tarot, ice cream, cab rides... the list could go on, and on.

Before I lay my head to sleep, however, what is a nut cup?!

No comments:

Post a Comment