Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Tarot is Tonight @ caffe De Luca


... because I can't walk dogs due to the tugging on my lower back....
.... b/c I have no coordination, can trip on air, and b/c even waitressing jobs are tough to find these days....
.... b/c I have yet to find a new full-time job that I can be passionate about, though I've been looking...
.... b/c I like people/RealSpace, and most of my contract jobs involve writing, and sitting in front of a screen, or on the phone
.... b/c there are not that many cool cafes left in the hood, and caffe De Luca** has been around almost 10 years....
.... b/c I am tired of talking/blogging about my selfish old unemployed self & want to do something fun like peer inside your cards, even if I am not a total "believer" in the ancient art of tarot reading.....
..... b/c it's free
.... b/c it's Fun, whether you are dubious (hecklers, those that see it as 'the Devil's work' etc. are all most welcome, and in fact encouraged to show their skeptical faces), or think there's merit in it, or are just plain curious.... or want to catch up b/c we haven't seen each other lately.... or whatever....

Hope to see you there!

** CDL is on the evil Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Chicago-IL/Caffe-De-Luca/67233847263?ref=ts#/pages/North-Chicago-IL/Caffe-De-Luca/67233847263?v=photos&viewas=1600874983

3 comments:

  1. Tarot card reading is hardly an "ancient art" The cards first appeared in 15th century Italy and they were used for a card game similar to spades. The cards would not be used for divination until the 18th century. Not only were these cards originally intended for card games, tarot card games are still played today in countries like France and Italy. It would be a good thing if the mainstream media told the American people the whole truth about these cards instead of always portraying them as some "ancient divination art"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected. Thank you! And I am more in the "game" camp than the "divination" one, fyi.... caffe De Luca is an Italian caffe, so it's fitting that the tarot will take place there as well. Thanks, Anon, will you be there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fat pagan uncovered another conspiracy. Hats off.

    ReplyDelete