Thursday, April 2, 2009

Something Old is Something New




Despite the economy, I've been shopping again... inside my apartment. The bags from the high shelves in my old place are full of things I haven't looked at in a long time, like this Wenjilli dress that belonged to my grandmother, and is from the 1970s.

It was too big six or seven years ago, the last time I tried it on, but now it seems to fit. The material isn't the coziest, though. The dress is 22% metallic, 66% acrylic, and 12% polyester. It was made in Hong Kong, and is hand wash only.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's pretty stylin, and style always comes before comfort, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, sometimes... lately I'm all about comfort. :) It is a very itchy material! How did those stylin 70s ladies do it? My grandmother was quite the soldier of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm guessing she was in her late 50s when she wore this dress, too, which I think is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete