Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Unplugged


Though I didn't apply for a digital converter coupon, I got one in the mail a few days ago, and suspect it was the work of my mother, whom must have signed me up. She can't bear to think about my living without a TV.

I just turned on my television, and it's all static. The coupon is for $40, and expires August 28. If the converter costs more than $40 I am debating tossing tv access all together. I can still watch dvds, and VHS, and in the case of a national emergency there's always the Internet, the radio, other people's tvs, and tvs at the gym.

My mother is also campaigning for me to buy a microwave, but I left that behind in 2006, and haven't missed it.

Though I am kind of missing PBS right about now...

2 comments:

  1. I barely watch TV anymore and the shows I check out are all on-line. Including PBS shows. I even use my computer for watching DVDs. And I agree with you on microwaves. Tell you mom to give me a call. I'll set her straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I will tell her I am not alone in my feelings, and to expect a call.. thanks Joe. And, as for TV, I must confess I am not a total anti TV person, as I tend to watch the tube at other people's places, kind of like the last person to get a cell phone, but always making a quick call on a friend's phone. Did you catch Larry David on the Tonight Show last night? Funny!

    ReplyDelete