Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So, I Finally Tried iCream


Previously I wrote about iCream (http://gangsoftheneweconomy.blogspot.com/2009/03/iscream-uscream-wii-all-scream.html), and now that I've tried it, I can honestly say that it wasn't as great as I thought- or hoped- it might be.

I had a medium non fat white chocolate flavored yogurt with Reese's pieces, and A. tried a small soy milk vanilla ice cream with burnt sugar flavor, topped with seven yummy gummy bears. He said that the burnt sugar flavor was great for the first spoonful, and then just tasted like vanilla. Mine tasted kind of sour, though I guess that's the point with yogurt.

It was just about $10 for both of us. For a Monday night the place was packed. The last time I visited, to write a small blurb on iCream for the Street Scene newsletter, it was packed as well, and it was raining heavily that day.

So, either there's a lot of repeat business from folks hooked on iCream, or many curious people eager to at least see what iCream is all about. Let's hope for the sake of furthering independent business that the curiosity keeps flowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment