Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Business Plan for Humboldt Park

PhotobucketPhotobucket





Last night my mother asked if I have a sleeping bag. She suggested that I go camping in Humboldt Park to escape the heat. Instead I just went over to my boyfriend's, though I usually prefer my own place, except when it's 100-plus degrees.

He told me that he joked with a friend that he might break up with me because I have no AC, and I told him that I joked with a friend that I might continue dating him over the summer because of his AC.

Camping is all the rage these days among the poor, homeless, and underemployed, in fact I am taking my sleeping bag to Wisconsin in a few days, but until then I will not be camping after dark in one of the most dangerous parks in the city. Maybe my mom is just scared I'll end up in her spare bedroom one day, and hoping I'll die of natural urban crossfire before that happens.

Though I'm not sold on camping at Humboldt, could I convince others, though, like tourists? I could pitch Humboldt Park's proximity to the hipster mecca of Wicker Park, the newly constructed Little Cubs Field, and highlight its expansive green areas, rose garden, playgrounds, and fishing, all of which I enjoy during daylight hours, along with quienciera/15th birthday parties that I crash while wandering around, pictured here, and then end up being the event photographer (I emailed the pictures to the family, and then at the request of a somewhat demanding and Internet challenged great grandfather ended up having to print copies, and blow out my toner. He sweetly offered me anything from his shop in exchange, and I selected this "7 Gotas de Amor Perfume," now half used since these birthday photos were taken two summers ago). There are nearby events like car torchings that can pave the way for campfire stories, and s'mores. Kumbaya!

Here are some photos I can use in the brochure.



Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment