Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ah, Air Conditioning, I Miss You

So, when I moved out of my last apartment, I gave my window air unit to the guy that moved into my old place. He asked me if he could have it, and given that I hadn't installed it for the three summers prior, I said sure.

That was then, and this is now, now being that there is no window in my new bedroom, which I guess by Chicago code makes it more of a den than a bedroom, and the cross breeze that I used to have in the rear of the building hasn't made its way to the front.

My electric bill was only $15 the month before last, and I don't use up much electricity, probably because I don't have a window unit, microwave, or other appliances. In general I think window AC units are ugly, plus my cat can't sit in front of the window.

I don't want to be one of those people on the news that ends up dead from the next heat wave, plus I'd screw up the demographics since it usually seems to happen to the elderly, or the, um, mentally ill...

Though I can pretty much live with the heat, I like having company over, and I guess I'm not living in the most hospitable place these days. It might be time to hit up Craigslist, and see what's out there in the way of AC units. Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment