Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blogging is Stupid

I read somewhere that 95% of blogs are abandoned by their owners-- and presumably for good reason. Who are the 5% that trudge forward? Are they the most truly narcissistic of humankind, feeling the need to report on the mundane and trivial and perfectly ordinary aspects of their life?

Like clockwork, every three or four or five months I turn my back on blogging, and vow no mas. This time I have some very exciting projects I am working on, some only in pipe dream, others in incubation stages, and still others more clearly defined like the weekly newsletter. In regards to always having so many things going on, I've never known any other way so in a way it's normal.

No doubt it's a scary period for America. We're also entering into- whether we consciously notice it or not- a new era of usefulness, and utility. Every dollar spent needs to matter, every new item of clothing must need to be worn right now, or else it wouldn't have been purchased.  What services will be removed for not producing an ROI? What kinds of companies will suffer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment