Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Idle mind = devil's playground, plus duct tape




Perhaps there's irony in the fact I just spent 15 straight hours writing all about the neighborhood, with a lot of the emphasis focused on buying stuff for the holidays, and in general outside of my niece I haven't purchased any gifts this year, and don't plan to unless I can craft gifts out of materials found around my apartment. My mom and I have already established a no-gift Hannukah, too. 

She just sent me an email saying that she thinks she needs a job because look at what she just did with duct tape all afternoon. 

Why do I have a feeling I'm staring at a possible future gift from her here? Did she really just happen to have pink and blue duct tape laying around?

I am not crafty. Maybe I'll write a horrible comedy sketch scene about a horrible morning in the car en route to get her cataracts out and the gift will be that I will embarrass her and she'll have to buy the ticket to see a much worse and exaggerated version of both of us on stage. 

Or I can just go see what colors of duct tape I have...  

No comments:

Post a Comment